„Who does what, when, how and using what?“ This is the central question that has to be asked because of the new conditions created by the digital transformation. Where increasing efficiency is concerned, optimizing processes basically offers unlimited potential.
In order to achieve this, process management including its methods and tools is indispensable. We support you by completing a business process analysis of your company in order to understand your processes as a whole. This allows us to create and visualize process descriptions and then optimize them together with you.
Would you like to discuss your requirements with us and receive a custom quote?
Then go ahead and arrange an appointment with us!
Role and Processes of Process Management
Process management has many different objectives. One of the main objectives is optimizing processes to achieve more efficiency in your everyday business operations. In order to realize this, your company has to get to know its own processes better and, if necessary, re-develop them.
Doing a survey of the existing processes and understanding their design are therefore the first two tasks. Another task is the documentation of all old and new processes. This process documentation allows the company to achieve better transparency among the different departments. Moreover, such a process documentation can also fulfill legal requirements the company faces from the outside.
Other important tasks are the analysis and implementation of processes as this leads to the ultimate goal of optimized processes. This is how process management leads to higher quality, lower costs and more efficiency overall.
Advantages of Process Management
Prozessmanagement: Unsere Methoden
Prozessmanagement in Verbindung mit IT hat vor allem die Abstimmung von Geschäftsfunktionen und IT im Fokus. Unterstützt durch bewährte BPMN-Methoden erarbeiten und entwickeln wir gemeinsam mit Ihnen Lösungen, die sowohl die Anforderungen Ihrer Fachprozesse als auch menschliche und technologische Anforderungen optimal zusammenführen.
Es gibt viele verschiedene Methoden, die im Prozessmanagement angewandt werden. Einige der wichtigsten und meist verbreiteten sind im Folgenden beschrieben.
- Businesss Process Reengineering (BPR) is a management strategy that is often also referred to as business process redesign or business transformation. It is often used to analyze workflows and business processes within the company. Instead of focusing on only one business process, BPR is focused on the company as a whole. BPR helps the company re-organize all of its processes and re-focuses these processes on company goals in a more efficient way.
- KAIZEN is Japanese and can be translated as “improvement”. Kaizen as a method supposedly originated in Japan as a management concept that aims at helping the company to continually improve. Kaizen is usually focused on one process or one procedure at a time. The goal is to perfect one step at a time which leads to overall process optimization.
- Lean Management owes its name to the efficient and “lean” design of the entire value chain. Typically, it is used only with industrial products. A survey done by Staufen showed that 95% of all German industrial companies employ this method. For this reason, it can almost be seen as the basis for turning the “lean factory” into the “smart factory”.
- Process modelling is often also called business process modelling. It is often an integral part of process management, because processes need to first be analyzed and described before they can be depicted and modelled. The goal of process modelling is to picture complex issues in a simple-to-understand way.
- Six Sigma is often used to describe and improve business processes. The biggest difference to other methods is that measuring, analyzing and monitoring are done using statistical methods. The core process includes the following steps:
- Define the process
- Measure to what extent the process meets expectations
- Identify reasons why the process isn’t meeting expectations
- Improve the process
- Monitor the new process using statistical methods such as analysis of test data
We are at your disposal for process management consulting!
Contact us for a free quote now